Tinder without Facebook: Tinder is one of the world’s most popular dating sites. Downloaded more than 50 million times from its official source, which is the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, it also finds a mention in our top 10 hookup apps. Everything goes just swimmingly well until your Tinder account starts asking for your Facebook details, at which point in time the Tinder without Facebook tutorial becomes important. Tinder is too unsafe a platform to give away all your private Facebook details and this page is for those privacy freaks out there.
Tinder is full of people who would pay a fortune to get access to your private Facebook details and you have no idea how much data such a social network retains on you. While signing into Tinder, most social networks are indeed supported; however, since Facebook is the most dominant social network and has the most concise details on you, it is often the most in-demand. Therefore, you may ask: can you use Tinder without Facebook? The short answer is yes, it is indeed possible.
Why shouldn’t Facebook be Linked to Tinder?
Primarily, due to the many creeps that inhabit the Tinder ecosystem, the abuse of the platform is also rampant. This is why the Tinder without Facebook is important. Besides, Facebook is often, by default, logged into Tinder for the administrators at the dating site to verify your antecedents. Also, since Facebook stores your photos, the need to upload new ones to Tinder is also rendered unnecessary.
There are three primary reasons why Tinder and Facebook should not be linked. They are:
- You may accidentally reveal your contacts: If Tinder gets access to your Facebook account, the contacts list may be automatically accessed and made public,. You do not want that to happen, do you? Your love life is personal.
- Avoid automatic synchronization of photos: If Facebook and Tinder are interlinked, there is a very strong possibility that the photos may be auto-synced. This means that your private and public snaps too get synchronized, which is not good at all.
- Finally, online privacy compromised: Whenever these two are interlinked, Facebook is linked to all the dating history which is stored in Tinder. This might spill out in public if any of the accounts are hacked. This is why Tinder without Facebook is a must.
Login to Tinder Without Facebook: 4 New & Updated Methods
Until last year, there were not too many ways using which Tinder without the use of Facebook could be achieved. We have dug out four new and different ways of using the Tinder app without handing over the Facebook details in return. Simply follow any (or all, if one does not work) of these steps.
Method 1. Improve Your Facebook Privacy Settings
As you know, Facebook has varying levels of online security. In order to use Tinder without using Facebook, you will need o curtail your Facebook account settings. Simply follow these steps:
- Access the Facebook account which you normally use.
- Tap on the icon with the question mark on it and access the Privacy Checkup section.
- Navigate to the apps mentioned. Find the one which says Tinder and click on it.
- Change app visibility to the option which says,” Only Me.”
After this, Tinder will not be able to post anything on your Facebook timeline. This is an excellent way to ensure that you retain control over your privacy. This is the first method to use Tinder without Facebook.
Method 2. Create a brand new Facebook account
This method is one which works the best if only to safeguard your privacy. All you need to do is sign up for a new Facebook account. This will act as your login to your own Tinder account. Make sure that you do not input too many personal details in this account. This will help you avoid the problem in the first place.
You will only need to have a valid email ID in order to arrange a new Facebook account. You will also need to input your first and last names as well as your date of birth. Once the account is created, some changes need to be made in the Tinder app as well.
- Launch the Tinder app. On the top-left corner, click on Settings gear.
- Go to App Settings.
- Click on Logout and then on Confirm.
- You can now log into Tinder with your new Facebook account.
- Go to Tinder. Click on Login with Facebook.
- Make sure to log in with the new account that you just created.
Method 3. Change the Settings of the Tinder App
This is another way you can log in to Tinder without using Facebook. Until now, we have tried and manipulated the settings of Facebook in order to use Tinder without Facebook. This method rests upon the ability to change the settings of the Tinder app instead. Some tweaks to the Tinder app, if done successfully, will be very helpful.
- Launch the Tinder app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Go to the Settings of the Tinder application.
- Deselect the option which says ‘Show Me On Tinder Social.’ You can now use Tinder sans Facebook.
Method 4. Ask Tinder to allow Logging in Without Facebook
This is obviously an indirect method but may work if sufficient people feel like the time has come to use Tinder Login Without Facebook. Tinder is a company which looks after the interests of its users in many respects. In case you feel like it, you can ask the company to drop this mandatory Facebook tagging.
Go to the Tinder app and then on to the Settings. Find the Contact option. Using the Contact option, you can now ask the authorities to change their rules and regulations. Note that this can take some time to show any results, so use any one of the first three methods.
We hope that this guide to use Tinder without Facebook has been useful to you. Tinder is an app that brings you that much closer to a new-fangled romance and can lead to steamy adventures as well. As such, it is something which must be used responsibly. As is Facebook. Good luck browsing for your next date!