Kindle for PC: Nowadays, as physical books get more or less obsolete, it is imperative that we switch to the virtual version of your favorite books in the form of eBooks. eBooks readable on your favorite devices is the 21st-century counterpart of what libraries were to the previous generations. Kindle is by far the most widely used of all eBook readers. It can, however, be rather expensive and you may not always have it in your bag. Which is why we decided to bring to you the latest version of Kindle for PC, something which will help you read eBooks on the go on your laptops and other devices.
Kindle devices have become ubiquitous in the recent years. They have to be carried separately and are rather expensive, although they boast of a series of extremely good features which will appeal to the reader in you. Kindle for PC is a program that basically lets you read all your Kindle eBooks without the need for the Kindle device.
Kindle for PC will automatically synchronize with your Amazon (which manufactures Kindle) account and you will be able to download the books that you have already bought. Once the book is downloaded on the PC, you can then use it as you did on the Kindle device itself. Also, Kindle for PC will also automatically synchronize with the Amazon Kindle device itself, so that you can read the book on both and share notes and marks.
Kindle for PC: Features
Some of the best features of the Kindle for PC application are mentioned below. Note that this list is not an exhaustive one.
- Allow syncing automatically with your Kindle; any Kindle files that are put on your PC will be synced. The application also carries over notes and bookmarks from the Kindle device associated with the PC reader. The interface is basic and pleasing to the eye. We loved the Home button, which, when pressed, takes the reader back to the library
- The library can be sorted by Title, Author or Most Recent.
- Kindle for PC lets you shop for eBooks on Amazon. This also opens a browser due to the lack of any native Kindles hop in the app. Once you double-click a book, it will open. You can make new bookmarks but not notes, so that’s a negative point.
- You can use a slide to alter the total number of words per line. You can also change the font size to suit likewise. You can’t, however, change the font size. Use the keyboard or the mouse to control the application.
- Lastly, you must remember that there are certain limitations which the app has. For example, there are no special text rendering options. It might also be difficult for some people to read books on a monitor since Kindle for PC does support any contrast or brightness controls.
Kindle for PC Latest Version: All the Important Details
Since the Kindle for PC is developed by Amazon itself, the setup file comes not as an Apk but in an EXE format. We have compiled all the details of the latest Kindle setup file for PC right here.
|Name||Kindle for PC 1.21.0 (Build 48017)|
|File size||53.33MB (55,925,296 bytes|
|OS required||Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / XP 64-bit / Vista 64-bit / Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64-bit / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64-bit|
|Last updated||October 24, 2017|
As always, the latest installer versions always have certain issues fixed. Some of the ones which have been fixed here are:
- Ragged Right Alignment: You can now able to read using left-aligned (or ragged right) text instead of having to use full justification. This all-new alignment option has to be selected from the Display Settings (the Aa) menu in the books.
- Line Spacing: Better and more customized reading experience when you select from 3 different line spacing options. This new and rather useful feature can now be controlled also from the Display Settings (Aa) menu.
- The built-in dictionary that allows the seamless looking up of definitions and meanings of English words is better.
- Brings back the standard one-column mode. To use the bigger screen (this being the Kindle for PC, after all), you can also use the multi-column view while the screen size will automatically adjust.
- Library now available in both grid-mode and list-mode.
How to Install Kindle for PC
EXE files are meant almost exclusively for the Windows platform. To install the Kindle for PC Exe file, simply double-click on it, while making sure that you have the administrator rights. Also, you can right-click on the EXE file and then choose to run the application. Should a box pop up asking whether you are sure to install the file, choose ‘Yes’ or ‘OK.’
Like games as well? Check out the Best Skyrim Mods.
Kindle for PC Alternatives
There are several alternatives to Kindle for PC in case you are not satisfied with how this program works. The best ones include:
- ePub Reader for Windows
- Mobipocket Reader for Desktop
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Adobe Acrobat eBook Reader
By now, we hope that you have had an idea of how the Kindle for PC works, what it is, and what it is capable of doing. We recommend that you go through all the details of the program before you install it. The app is also rather useful for those who have no affinity for handheld eBook devices and instead wish to get absorb yourself into your laptop. This list is updated regularly, so watch this space more.