Kik for PC: Nowadays, messaging apps have mushroomed as more and more users have grown comfortable with the idea of online and mobile device-borne messengers. While the world market is flooded with many messaging apps, Kik for PC is definitely one of the best messenger apps that we have come across. Now, most users know that Kik is mainly developed for the Android platform. However, you can also use the software on a Windows PC including Windows XP, Windows 7 and 8, as well as on Windows 10. In this post, we shall show you the best features of the Kik messenger and show you all the details that you need to know.
Within just a few years of existence, the Kik messenger has managed to garner over a 100 million users. It is officially available in the Google Play Store and has been downloaded countless times. When you use Kik for Windows PC, you will get all the functionalities which are offered by the official Android app. In fact, because the app is also available for the iOS platform. it is remarkably versatile. Let us check out some of the Kik messenger’s best features.
Kik for PC: Some of the best features
Most of the instant messaging apps that we currently use have some features which we normally prefer over the other rival apps, which is why we keep on using them. Kik messenger combines the best features from all the rival applications and adds some extra features as well. The best features of the Kik for PC app are:
- Kik messenger is a complete end-to-end messaging service. It allows the users to send their messages on the go, either using their WiFi connection or via their cellular data top-up. Its unique and navigable user interface makes it ideal for single-handed use as well, making it a good solution for single-handed use.
- Kik for Windows PC has a very easy registration process and you do not even need your phone number to register for its usage.
- Similar to Facebook Messenger or the ever-popular Whatsapp service, you can create as many groups as you want and join as many groups as you desire. One of the best things about this app is that your group can have an unlimited number of users, which means that you can be in touch with all your loved ones constantly. Create separate groups for friends, family, and colleagues.
- Kik for PC is an ad-free service, making it a rare exception.
- A new addition to the service is the ability to share previously recorded videos.
- You can now use hashtags while messaging, a feature which was previously unavailable but has now been included.
- Both Mac and Linus support is available. Also, instead of the phone number for registration, all you need is a unique username and password to log-in and commence chatting or sharing videos or pictures.
- Similar to Facebook, the Kik messenger for PC also boasts an integrated web browser. This will let you open any outgoing web-link without ever having to leave the app.
- Overall, the most secure messaging application possible.
Kik Apk Latest Version File: All the Details
Kik is an app which is updated regularly, taking note of the safety and security vulnerabilities as and when they arise. Besides, some more user-friendly features are added each time. Given below are the details of the latest Kik Apk.
|Operating System||Android/ Kik for Windows PC is also possible|
|Latest Version||22.214.171.12472 (20000397)|
|File size||51.1 MB|
|Last Updated||December 9, 2017|
|Minimum Android version required||Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16)|
How to use KIK for Android devices
Since this is basically an app developed for the Google Android platform, you can always download it from the official Google Play Store. Alternatively, you can also download the latest Kik Apk file from our page and then install it by a process known as sideloading. Go to ‘Settings‘, then navigate to ‘Security‘ and finally switch on the ‘Unknown Settings.’ This will allow you to install Apk files from third-party websites.
Kik for PC System Requirements
- You must have at least Windows XP and above
- Either an Intel Core or AMD processor of 2.45GHz.
- A minimum of 2GB of RAM.
- Radeon or NVidia graphics card with all the latest drivers.
- 5GB of free space in mother drive, usually Drive C.
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi module or Wi-Fi supporting receivers recommended.
If you have interest in recording your screen on the go, then check out some of the best screen recording apps for Android right here on this site.
How to use Kik for PC (Windows 8.1/8/7)
Kik for PC is made possible thanks to a software called an Android emulator. Such an emulator fools the Windows platform into believing that it is actually an Android platform and it allows the installation of Apk files. For the benefit of the readers and to make the process easier, we have decided to use the Nox App Player. The process is mentioned below.
- Download the Nox App Player emulator for Windows platform from here.
- After the Nox App Player has been downloaded, install the Nox Application.exe file on your Windows PC/laptop
- Once the installation is complete, search on the Nox Application home page for the Kik Messenger via the search icon box.
- You will then find the Kik Messenger PC app in the search results.
- Open the ‘Settings’ of the Kik Messenger for PC.
- If you are a first-time user, register first using your username and password. Or else, you can sign in directly.
- Your Kik Messenger for Windows PC is now ready to use!
Download KIK for Windows 10
Kik Messenger is also available for use on Windows 10. Simply download the latest Kik Apk from our page and follow the method of installing Kik for PC in the section above. Once the process is complete, you can start sending messages and other miscellaneous data.
KIK Messenger Alternatives
In case you are not satisfied with Kik messenger or are unable to access it, we have some handy Kik Messenger alternatives for PC in this section. Anyone of the names mentioned here will do.
- iMessage, used especially by Apple users.
- Facebook Messenger
Once you start using Kik for PC, you will know what the capabilities of a modern messaging app really are. It is a very safe app and you will start discovering many of the hitherto unknown features, most of which we have not managed to incorporate in this page due to a lack of space. Since this app is updated regularly, do watch this space for details.