Install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick: Kodi is a popular free and open-source media-centric software and has been updated to its latest version called Kodi Krypton, v17.6. Kodi, or XBMC, as it was popularly known earlier, runs on almost all the imaginable platforms. On that note, many readers have been asking if it is possible to install Kodi on Fire Stick. Well, the answer is yes.
In this post, we will describe how to install the Kodi 17.6 Krypton on the new and updated Amazon Fire TV Stick. Kodi is one of the most powerful and versatile media players and has many add-ons: you can check some of them right here on our website. Besides, you must know that using Kodi is strictly not legal, which is why a good VPN is mandatory for keeping your identity a secret and masking your IP. We have also provided a list of the best VPNs for your usage.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick: Method 1 (The Easiest Way)
Like we said, there are three distinct ways for installing Kodi Krypton on the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The first one is, by far, the easiest one. We list the steps below. Make sure that you follow them diligently.
- First, plug in your Amazon Fire TV Stick into the TV you are using. You must also plug the USB power cable into any one of the spare USB ports. Alternatively, you must use the power adapter.
- Now, navigate to the following: Settings > System > Developer options. Find the option which says ‘Apps from unknown sources.’ You will notice that it is turned OFF by default. Switch it to the ON position. A pop-up box will then appear. Click on ‘Yes’ and the process will then continue.
- Navigate back to the homescreen. Once there, you will have to install an app called Downloader. This app is free for use and also has an option to use a free trial option. You will find it under the Popular Fire TV apps section.
- Open/launch Downloader.
- Once there, enter the following URL: “kodi.tv” Hit Go
- At the time of writing, you will find a heading which says Kodiev17.3. There, you will find a number of Kodi versions that can be downloaded. For the sake of simplicity and user-friendliness, select the ARM 32-Bit version that you will find below the Release heading.
- Once the file has downloaded successfully, a pop-up box will then appear. There too, you must press on ‘Install.’
- You will now be faced with a blank Kodi screen. But do not worry. First, Select All and then click on the Install button again. You will find it at the bottom of the screen.
- The application is now installed.
- Return to the homescreen. Under the section titled “Yours Apps & Games”, you will find Kodi. Your Kodi for FireStick has now been successfully completed.
Pro Tip: The above step works fine with most of the users; however, some users have stated that they find this approach problematic. For them, we recommend that they follow either method 2 or method 3, explained below.
Kodi on Fire Stick: Installation Method 2 (ADB Debugging)
This method works on ALL of the Amazon Fire TV Sticks. In a nutshell, it works by downloading the Kodi APK file straight to your laptop/desktop computer and then it uses an ADB (or Android Debug Bridge) to simply install the file onto the Fire Stick that you own. It might sound a bit complicated but is actually rather easy to follow. The steps are:
- Insert the Amazon Fire TV Stick into the TV. Now, navigate to Settings > System > Developer Options.
- Two options will now appear. They are Apps From Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging. On both of them, switch ON.
- Next, go to Settings > System > About > Network. Obtain the Fire Stick’s IP Address this way.
- Turn on the laptop or the computer you are using. Now, download the Android ARM which you will find here. You can also access the same from http://kodi.tv/download as well.
- You will now need to download adbLink. We have provided the links for the three most-widely used platforms as well: for Windows, for Mac, and for Linux.
- Launch or open adbLink and press on NEW.
- Provide your Fire Stick a name and enter the IP Address. Click Save.
- Press Connect. You will now find the IP Address of your Fire Stick in the list of Connected Devices.
- Select/highlight your device. Click on Install APK. Remember the APK file you had downloaded earlier? Select it.
- Click Yes if asked when installing the said APK file.
- On the bottom-right of the window, the ADB running dialogue will appear. Once the installation is complete, click on OK.
- Kodi is now installed on Amazon Fire Stick.
Too much Internet taking a toll on your love life? Check out how to use Tinder without Facebook!
Install Kodi on Fire Stick: Method 3 Using Apps2Fire (Guaranteed to Work)
Using the Apps2Fire application, which you will find on the official Google Play Store here, you can easily install Kodi on Fire Stick via your Android smartphone.
How to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV Stick using Apps2Fire
The steps that you should follow include:
- Download and then install the Apps2Fire on the Android phone.
- Tuck in a Fire Stick into the TV. Navigate to Settings > Device > Developer Options.
- Again, turn ON the two features: Apps From Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging.
- Settings > Device > About > Network. Jot down the Fire TV Stick’s IP address.
- Download and then install Kodi on the Android device.
- Apps2Fire. Tap on setup and then enter the IP address of the Fire TV. Simply tap on Save now.
- Click on Menu and finally tap on Upload Apps.
- Select Kodi. It will be installed on the Fire Stick.
- Installation of Kodi on Fire Stick is now complete.
Now that you have three different (and working) methods of how to install Kodi on Fire Stick, we hope that your general entertainment quotient will be significantly improved. Do provide your comments or suggestions and criticisms in the comments box below.