Clear Cookies on Chrome: Google Chrome is currently the world’s most popular web browser with more than a 65 percent share as a desktop browser. It also boasts more than 56 percent share when all the platforms are combined. Naturally, such a widely used browser occasionally suffers from some serious issues which may be cleared by using a few simple steps. One of them is clearing the cache memory and cookies, and we will now show you how to clear cookies on Google Chrome.
Ever since the browser was first released, it has shown clear signs of dominance. It first overtook Mozilla Firefox and then Internet Explorer, the latter battling security concerns. In many respects, Google Chrome was the first modern web browser. It has proven to be so popular that the many subsequent products from the company, including the Chromebook and Chromecast, also bear the name of the browser.
#Cookies: On the other hand, cookies are tiny bits of information that is stored by your browser/s for a variety of reasons. These let you log on to your favorite websites without needing to type in your security credentials every time. They also have other important functions including tracking your shopping decisions and putting a list of the most recommended items, based on your search patterns, first.
While it is recommended that the cookies and the cache be untouched, sometimes they might end up slowing the device. The browser too may start misbehaving, which is when you must clear the cache on Chrome.
Similar Read: Best Android music players for you
How to Clear Cookies on Google Chrome Explained
Given below are all the ways you can clear the cookies on Google Chrome browser.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Once it is up and running, click on the menu button, the one on the top right-hand side and which has three dots arranged vertically.
- You will now see the Main Menu. Once there, click on Settings. Check out the screenshot of this step below.
- Once this is done, click on the Advanced menu which you find at the end of the page.
- Under the Advanced tab, you will see a number of separate options. Scroll down to the option which says Privacy and Security.
- Then, click on the link which says Content settings.
- Another page will now open. Click on Cookies.
- A new link which says See all cookies and site data will now appear. Click on it.
Once you have completed these steps, a new page called All cookies and site data will now appear. Follow the steps below to delete the cookies on Google Chrome fully.
Clear All Cookies for All Sites on Google Chrome
- Launch the Cookies and site data page.
- To clear all existing cookies for all the sites, simply click on Remove all.
Delete All Cookies For One Specific Website on Google Chrome
- Onc again, launch the Cookies and site data page.
- Once done, a list of all the sites which have cookies saved on Google Chrome will appear.
- Each site has a trash icon next to its name.
- Click on the trash icon to remove any site-specific cookies. This may finally clear cookies on Google Chrome.
How to Delete Individual Cookies For One Specific Website on Chrome
- Open the page which says Cookies and site data.
- Click on the desired site in the list. The cookies which are stored for each specific site will now appear.
- Now, simply click on the X button which you will see right next to the cookie name which you wish to remove.
- This will clear site-specific cookies on your device running Google Chrome.
Clear Cache in Google Chrome: Know how
- Launch Google Chrome
- Either type in or copy and paste the following command: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Once done, the Clear Browsing Data dialog will appear. Now select Cached images and files and then specify the time range that is desired by you. Should you want to, you can clear all cached data from the first time that the Chrome browser was installed.
- You have successfully cleared the cache.
Pro Tip: Note that while Chrome is up and running, there is a special keyboard shortcut which you can use. Just press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL. This will open the browser data clearance button and you can then choose which ones you need to remove. This will also save time for the user.
NOTE: In case you find any difficulty logging in to your favorite sites after the cache and the cookies have been cleared, you need to log in manually. It is thus recommended that unless absolutely necessary, you should not clear all the cookies. Choose the individual cookie clearing option first.
By now, we believe that you have an idea of how to clear cookies on Google Chrome. These are the only steps that are available as of now. If any new methods are made available, we will let you know. Feel free to visit our other sections.
Leave a Comment