How to Block a Number on iPhone: Due to cheaper call rates from mobile service providers, calls from telemarketers and various PPI firms across the world. It can be really frustrating to receive these calls as they basically do not serve any purpose and instead eats up your valuable time at the workplace or elsewhere.
Thankfully, you can block specific callers or rather numbers on your iPhone now to prevent them from irritating you any further. In older days, however, it was not very easy to block calls on iPhone as users had to jailbreak their device first. But, all that has changed now with the introduction of iOS 7 and its later versions that comes with in-built number blocking ability.
In this post, we are going to discuss how to block a number on iPhone easily and also explain the procedures in detail so that you can carry forward. However, you should take note that the below-mentioned methods will only work with devices running on iOS 7 and up. In case you are using iOS 6 or lower, we recommend you to upgrade to any higher version of the software first before proceeding any further.
Block a Number on iPhone: Method 1 (Using Settings Menu)
This is one of the easiest methods to block a number on iPhone and should work for most of the users. We are going to list the steps below to make sure you follow them carefully.
- First, unlock your iPhone and open Settings. It should be available on your home screen
- Next, locate Phone option and tap on it to open the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on Call Blocking & Identification. It can be found on the Calls section of the menu. Once you are done, a list of all the previously blocked numbers (if any) will appear.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and then tap on Block Contact. If you have a long list of blocked contacts, then you need to scroll right down to the end to find the option.
- Now you can block a specific number by tapping on the name of the contact you wish to block. Once blocked, the contact will no longer be able to reach you by calling, texting or by using FaceTime.
Note: In case you want to block someone who is not on your contact list, then this method will not work for you. We recommend you to use method 2 instead which is described below.
Block a Number on iPhone: Method 2 (Using Phone App)
This is the second method to block a number on your iPhone. If you want to block a number that is not previously saved on your contact list, then you should use this method. Now follow the steps carefully.
- First, you need to unlock your iPhone and open the Phone app. The app can be found on the home screen itself.
- Next, open Recents tab by tapping on it. It can be found on the bottom left of the screen. This will display a list of all the numbers that you have recently interacted with (incoming, outgoing, missed and FaceTime calls).
- Now, tap the small ‘i’ button next to the number you want to block. This can be found on the right side of the number.
- Once you are done, scroll down to the bottom of the menu that appears and tap on Block this Caller.
- Finally, tap on Block Contact to block this caller from calling or texting you any further.
You can also check out Best Call Blocker Apps to Stop Unwanted and Spam Calls
How to Block a Number on iPhone: Method 3 (Using Call Blocker Apps)
There is another method by which you can block a phone number on iPhone. It is by using third party call blocker apps for iPhone that will do the job for you. Apart from blocking calls, some of these apps also provide additional information about the location of the caller and the network operator. We have two such applications that you can use to block any number on your iPhone.
Sync.ME is a great call blocker app for iPhone that can effectively block telemarketing and spam calls. With a huge database of over one billion numbers, the app provides an easy option to identify the unknown numbers and block them. The app also allows the users to merge duplicate contacts, create backup files and also keep your contacts up to date with additional information like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus details.
Download the app from iTunes
- Nomorobo Robocall Blocking
This is another great call blocking app for iPhone that can be used to block spam callers. Nomorobo Robocall Blocking comes with some amazing features like real-time protection from annoying spam callers, telemarketers, and other random callers. In addition, the app also provides protection from spam text messages, phishing attempts and also checks any URLs received via texts for malware. The app is available for free on the Apple app store or iTunes.
Download the app from iTunes
There is no denying the fact that telemarketing and other types of spam calls will be on the rise in the days to come. So it would be necessary for you to know the ways to block these annoying calls effectively. We are sure that this tutorial about how to block a number on iPhone will serve your purpose. Just in case you have some issues, you can contact us via the comments section and we will promptly resolve your query.