Many of us have heard about email signatures. Moreover, other people’s signatures often pop up in front of our eyes as we open another email. Then why at least half of Gmail users still don’t own one? The answer is simple. Almost all know what it is but only a few realize how important it can be. Let’s figure out why the signature is an integral part of every email.
For a regular user, this is all about the response rate. What do you normally see when you open your inbox? We bet that each of you has a huge stack of unread messages. According to statistics, an average person opens only 11% of messages received. What does it mean? Well, only a small percent of messages gets noticed, and chances are quite low that your email is one of them.
To complicate matters, an attention span of a regular user is less than 10 seconds. Thus, even if your messages get opened, you only have so less time to grab the attention. This explains a low response rate you have.
Sounds not too good, right? So, how can one make sure that his messages are noticed?
It may sound surprising, but all you need is an appealing and professional Gmail signature! How can you use it? A good stamp gives you the following benefits:
- Grabs and holds people’s attention;
- Makes it easier for your recipients to connect with you;
- Makes your business more recognizable;
- Presents you and your business;
- Makes your messages look more professional;
- Contributes to a higher response rate;
- Helps develop trusted relationships with partners and customers.
How To Make A Cool Email Signature?
Now you see how you can benefit from using an email signature. But how to design one that would work for you?
If you want to create a perfect signature that leaves a lasting impression, we are here to help you. There are several ways of doing it. The most simple and effective ones are:
- Use templates;
- Order a custom stamp created by a team of professionals;
- Do it on your own with the tool provided by Gmail.
Doing everything yourself is not as tricky as you would think. Thus, we’ve prepared a step-by-step guide and a list of highly useful tips to help you create a unique Gmail email signature.
Go to your Gmail account and find signature settings at the bottom of the general settings list.
Start with providing your details. Here is the necessary information you should include:
- Full name;
- Job title;
- Contact details;
- Link to your website or blog.
Thanks to Gmail, you can personalize your email signature quickly and easily. You can make accents, add colors, and choose a suitable font and text size.
Add links. An email signature can help grow your audience and increase traffic. To do this, add relevant links to your website, blog, and social network accounts.
After the general style is set, you can add visuals. There are two main types of visuals you can add:
- Company’s logo. It contributes to higher brand awareness and is an excellent choice for the whole team.
- Professional photo. Your photo provides a personal touch. Besides, it increases the trust of your recipients. However, in this case, you should make a wise choice. A photo in your signature portrays you as a professional, so it has to be appropriate.
Once you have added all the information, save your signature. Once it is saved, it will automatically become a part of every message you create. It will appear at the bottom of your letters.
Now you have a step-by-step guide on how to make a great email signature in six simple steps. We hope it was useful for you! Here are a few additional tips to consider:
- Use icons instead of links for a better look;
- Create an appealing handwritten signature to stand out;
- Use corporate colors and logo if you are representing a brand;
- Add notifications about important events;
- Use a call to action;
- Ensure that it looks good even if the chosen image doesn’t load;
- Keep it simple;
- Find your style;
- Don’t add too much information and don’t make a too complicated design.